Meanwhile, best ways to get connected before school starts:
- Join the vlist, the Bagley family listserve: http://www.danielbagley.com/happening_vlist.htm
- New Family/Kindergarten Playdates at Greenwood Park:
87th and Fremont Ave. Saturdays August 20 and 27 from 10:30-12.
- New Family/Kindergarten Welcome Night:
Tuesday, September 6, 5:30 pm. BYO picnic social in the playground. At 6:30 pm, meet your teachers, principal and PTA.
Details on all of these were previously posted - look for the links on the sidebar.
Topics I might try to address include:
- volunteering/getting involved with the PTA and at the school
- more about the greenfield project
- where to buy cool Bagley t-shirts, and scrip cards
- how you can help fundraise without having to ask anyone for money, sell anything, or shell out cash ('Free Money'!)
- afterschool programs and extracurricular activities
- how to help your child adjust to kindergarten; what is MAP testing?
- how to deal with the incredible frequency of early dismissals and days off, and whether we will get thanksgiving week off again this year
- help me fill out my forms; and
- what does the PTA actually do?