Don't forget about the new family playdates, every Sunday in August at 3pm at the Bagley playground. Current and new families are welcome to attend.
Meet your future classmates... although we won't know our actual classroom assignments for another few weeks.
If anyone has any reports about the new portable or the state of the greenfield (grass yet? fences down?), shoot me an email!
Monday, July 30, 2012
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Several important date reminders from our PTA co-presidents, Kari Cantey & Alison Rice (also check the PTA calendar - or add to your iCal).
To stay in the loop, register for the Daniel Bagley families email list, aka the 'vlist', at http://www.danielbagley.com/happening_vlist.htm.
Greenwood parade: Wednesday, July 25
- Bagley Bees walk in the parade every year! Meet in the parking at 95th & Greenwood (by the Salvation Army) at 5:30 - start marching at 6:00pm. Wear Bagley shirts, or black & yellow, and bring your bikes, scooters, wagons, strollers (for siblings), and helmets. Meet your new schoolmates... and the Seafair pirates
Kindergarten play dates: every Sunday in August at 3:00pm and one evening August 29, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- meet your new classmates at these casual meetups on the Bagley playground
Thursday, July 12, 2012
The supply list for all classes is now posted at the new Daniel Bagley website: http://bagleyes.seattleschools.org/
On the first day of school, send your child with:
- completed forms - whatever you will have received in the mail by then - for the PTA, your teacher, Bagley, SPS (if you haven't already submitted them by the first day)
- a full size back pack (big enough to fit a 9x12 folder for homework, kidmail, report cards, library books, etc.). If you're worried about it being too heavy for your 5 year old, there are neato rolling ones like little suitcases available.
- a reusable lunch box or lunch bag
- a water bottle to keep in the classroom
- a full change of clothes in a Ziploc on the first day of school to keep in their locker throughout the year, just in case (to be replaced as necessary)
- NOT crocs. Mr. Millsap has a no-crocs policy for Health & Fitness, and running shoes are safer in the playground anyways. Flip-flops or strappy sandals won't cut it either.
- LABEL ALL PERSONAL BELONGING WITH A SHARPIE! You'll be checking the lost & found frequently this year. See last year's post about that.
At some point during the first two weeks of school, please bring the following: