- Check backpacks for kidmail (the forms you got today need to go back to your teacher with your student by Monday - wade through 'em, figure out what you really need to return, and muddle through the whole privacy opt-out form)
- Check backpacks for lunchboxes. If missing, look through the lost and found near the lunchroom. There is already an assortment of kidstuff there.
- Check lunchboxes to see what your kid actually ate.
Soon (this week):
- Book a babysitter for Curriculum Night, Thursday September 15. This is where you'll find out about your student's daily schedule and the upcoming class topics and field trip plans
- Join the PTA and/or submit your family information (form + $20 -> return by kidmail)
- Submit the PTA volunteering form to get involved with keeping our school great! (return by kidmail)
- Bring in your school supplies and a change of clothes that will be stored in your student's locker
- Sign up for the vlist (parent email list) to receive all the important Bagley news as it happens
- Make sure you have a payment plan for kindergarten tuition ($237/month)
- Bring prescription medicine to school nurse
At special events, like Curriculum Night:
- Get your student a t-shirt
- Buy a Chinook Book to support the PTA
- Purchase pre-paid scrip cards for places you already shop (Starbucks, Amazon, Home Depot, Safeway, QFC, Fred Meyer, and hundreds more), and a portion of each card is donated to the PTA Look for online scrip purchasing very soon.
In the near future:
- Plan to attend the Greenfield Grand Opening on Saturday September 17.
- Come to the first PTA meeting, on Tuesday September 20.
- Start planning for the first early dismissal: Wednesday September 28.
- Collect donations for the Jogathon (Friday September 30 at Lower Woodland track)
- Save your Boxtops, Label for Education and Greenwood & Ballard Market receipts to submit to the Free Money program. Kick-off contest deadline: October 7, but collections continue all year.
- Talk to your teacher about volunteering in the classroom.
- Register for the Source, where your student's general information will be stored - attendance, library books, computerized test scores, etc.)
- Check out the Hive, Mr. Millsap's Health and Fitness website. It has the class schedules posted now, and will provide info about upcoming lesson plans. Will there be a bicycle unit this year? We'll have to ask Mr. Millsap.
- Talk to your class PTA liaison about setting up a classroom social gathering for parents or the whole family.
- Understand the sick kid procedure (call the front office 252-5110, or email Randi & Sari & your teacher)
Also, I'll be sending out a new family survey in a few weeks, asking for your opinions and suggestions about orientation activities at Bagley. All feedback is welcome!
Meanwhile, if you have any questions, or I have missed anything, please email me or attempt to use the form in the sidebar.
Welcome to Daniel Bagley Elementary! We are glad you are here.