Official lists of school supplies can be found here:
The supply letter for all K/1 classes (Contemporary and Montessori) is detailed below:
Each teacher on the K-1 team will take care of purchasing the bulk of the student / classroom supplies necessary to begin the school year. Over the years we have found this to be the most cost effective way to buy our materials. It is also nice for the students to begin the year with the exact same supplies, in order to avoid unnecessary conflicts and hurt feelings. These items will vary slightly for each teacher, but they consist of things such as: pencils, pencil grips, glue sticks, markers, name tags, binders, folders, tissue boxes, etc.
The cost will be $25 for class room supplies per child. There will also be an
Art Class supply charge of $5 per child for the year. So we will collect the total in a $30 payment of cash or a check: payable to Daniel Bagley Elementary, during the first 2 weeks of school. (If you can give extra for our scholarship fund, terrific! If you will need a scholarship, no problem…just ask!)
Some personal items your child will need are:
1. a full size back pack,
2. a reusable lunch box or lunch bag, and
3. a full change of clothing in a Ziploc bag
* Please bring these labeled items on the fist day of school.
To share with the class please send:
1. 1 box of tissues
2. 1 package of Post-its (we use all sizes, so any will do)
3. 1 pack of black permanent Sharpie markers
4. 1 container of Baby or Clorox bleach wipes
Other items you may wish to think about stocking up on:
- Fall clothing backup items (lightweight rain gear etc.)
- Ziplocs/baggies or reusable containers such as Re-pac bags
- Juice/milk boxes, cracker packs, and other lunch box goodies for those rushed days
- Lunch boxes and water bottles and backpacks - search for discount codes such as Lands End Friends and Family, usually have up to 30% off plus free shipping!
- All the items on the classroom supplies lists (posted at http://bagleyes.seattleschools.org)
- Bulk sized snacks for when it's your week to supply snack for the whole class - you will be asked by your teacher to sign up for one or two snack weeks, at welcome night or curriculum night.
- Water bottles - for lunch box and for classroom/in-class snack time
Questions and suggestions? Contact me!