What are families doing for child care? It's a good idea to plan for next week if you haven't already. I have heard a few ideas and will post them here. Please let me know in the comments or by email if you have other ideas.
- Seattle Parks and Recreation FREE strike camps open to all families.
- Seattle's Littlest Performers strike camps.
- Pacific Science Center strike camps.
- Seattle Children's Theater strike camps.
- Check with YMCA and Boys & Girls Clubs. (I heard that Boys & Girls Club will be $15 per day next week)
- Fly in Grandma and Grandpa.
- Find local teenage babysitters who are also out of school.
- Swap days with another parent.
- Take your kids to work.
What can you do to express your support for our teachers?
- Walk with them at the picket line, bring food and drinks, carry signs, and wave at passing cars. This support is priceless. You can sign up for this.
- Attend a community meeting tonight, Thursday, September 10, 6:00 p.m. to support striking educators at Seattle City Hall, Council Chambers, Second Floor, 600 4th Ave., Seattle 98104.
- Sign a petition to Superintendent Larry Nyland to come to a reasonable agreement with the teachers.
- Sign a petition to demand that Gov. Inslee call an emergency legislative session to fully fund education at the state level.