The jogathon is a fun event and one of the biggest fundraisers of the year. Students ask friends and family to pledge a donation for each lap they run (or a flat amount). The kids love the jogathon and work hard to earn money for their school. Parents have a great time connecting with each other and cheering on the kids. Most importantly, the money helps support health and fitness, the arts and music program, library, classroom tutors, and scholarships and support for families.
This event needs a lot of volunteers to pull off! For now, the organizers are looking for these lead volunteer positions:
- Lap counting: Coordinate and manage the volunteers, setup, and supplies for lap counting during and after the event.
- Appreciation lunch: Lead the appreciation lunches for staff and volunteers.
- Water: Coordinate volunteers, supplies, and management of stations during the event.
- Fundraising and community engagement: This is a new position to engage the community in fundraising.
- Field coordination: Helping the setup lead make sure we have all necessary items on the field.
2015 Jogathon Co-chairs: